Pages

Sep 1, 2012

5x5 Video Challenge


  1. Establishing shot of amusement park at night
  2. Rollar Coaster 
  3. Hazy out of focus shot with bright lights and people walking by
  4. Amusement ride
  5. Busy beach scene
5 shots - 5 seconds each - 25 seconds total

This is a 5x5 I created this summer using clips from my trip to Seaside Heights in New Jersey. I uploaded the five clips to our class YouTube channel. I carefully trimmed each clip down to five seconds using the YouTube Video Editor. I then combined all the clips into one and added this cheesy 60's vintage effect. Again, I did all this using the simple YouTube Video Editor. I shot all the clips in 1080 HD using a Canon Rebel T4i. All the sound was captured using the built in mic on the camera. For this project, you have to use the diegetic sound captured during filming. You cannot add any music or sound effects in post production. 

Here are some more examples of 5x5's I have tagged on Diigo. If you want to see even more examples go to Vimeo and type in 5x5 into the search bar. I'm looking forward to seeing your 5x5's!

Check out these free web-based video editors I have tagged on Diigo. I have only used the wevideo and YouTube video editors. You should start playing around with one of these soon so you can become familiar with it. They are fairly easy to use but there is definitely a learning curve.  The YouTube video editor is probably the easiest option. But before you use the YouTube video editor you will need to set up your YouTube Channel. Please FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS I CREATED when you set up your YouTube Channel. 

No comments: